It could be said that Jarvis Delahey Contractors was planned many years before it actually began. Richard Jarvis and Nathan Delahey are second generation civil contractors. Richard’s father part owned a local civil construction company for many years and now manages JDC’s yard base. Nathan Delahey’s father worked (and still to this day works) within the civil construction industry. At the time when both fathers were working together they would jokingly plan their sons’ futures as the next big construction company in Shepparton.
Years went by both fathers working in different areas when their paths crossed again. This time they seriously discussed the need for their sons to join forces and build what is today Jarvis Delahey Contractors.
Both Nathan and Richard were newly married, with young families or starting families. They both had similar goals and aspirations. They were looking to provide a future for themselves and their family. After 6 months of many meetings, in December 2004 Jarvis Delahey Contractors was established.
The initial work consisted of local Council jobs, streetscape works, carparks, and drainage construction. They maintained a small team for many years continuing to develop their business plan. A few years on and their works extend to larger scale projects such as residential subdivisions, road works and carparks.
In 2017 JDC opened its new Company premises in Doyles Road Shepparton. Today they employ a dedicated team of 15 employees and maintain a significant fleet of equipment.
Richard and Nathan continue to strive for further success. They are out on the jobsites daily working alongside their staff, providing leadership, training and mentoring, ensuring quality work is completed on time and on budget. They are extremely proud of their Company. It was started with hard work and dedication and today that is still what drives their success.
- Our commitment to safety to the community and our employees. We have upheld an outstanding safety record and continue to provide our employees with a safe workplace and the community who utilise the worksite. We work hard to maintain this record adhering to the safety guidelines of JDC and the Health & Safety Regulations.
- Our commitment to honesty and integrity. We are open and honest sustaining a clear communication path with all stakeholders. We work collaboratively with local governments, developers, engineers, and the community to provide outstanding results.
- Our commitment to our clients in delivering each project on time, on budget and with the best possible outcome. We continually strive to improve our services and result, providing solutions, guidance and advice. We take a lot of pride in our finished projects and continue to improve on desired expectations.
- Our commitment to our long term relationships with subcontractors, suppliers and stakeholders developed over the past 14 years. These relationships have allowed us to expand our range of services to our clients and meet the desired outcome on projects.
- Our commitment to protecting the environment. We have adopted a comprehensive environmental management system and regularly provide information and training to our employees on projects that are environmentally critical and in environmentally sensitive areas.
- Our commitment to the continued training of our employees. We employ a dedicated hard working team. They are the core of our continued success. We ardently encourage training opportunities and further development of our staff and their long term future.